The World Cup 2022
The men’s World Cup starts on November 21st, and the final is on Sunday December 18th at 3pm. This is a week before Christmas, at a time when many churches would normally hold carol services.
Is there an opportunity for you to plan to do things differently this year? Could the World Cup offer some good evangelism opportunities?
Here are some ideas that you might like to consider, either individually or as Mission Communities:
- Watch with others at your local sports club or pub and offer to lead carols and share a sport and faith testimony after the game, with an invitation to your Christmas services.
- Screen the Game in church with refreshments. Follow with a invitation to something more (See ‘Showing Television or Films in Church’ CCLI guidance for information on how to apply for a free FIFA public screening licence)
- School – Host a Christmas sports day instead of your usual collective workshop. KICK are an organisation that works in schools, weaving in a range of sports activities with Christian values.
- Socialize – Host a Sports Quiz and Carols night ( Here’s a free six-round quiz from Christians in Sport – The Sports Quiz)
- Go – Host a Christmas-themed Sports Mission event in a public place. You could organise a simple football game and multisport, interweaving Advent and Christmas themes into the activities
Let us know what you have planned by emailing email@example.com or by tagging the God for All account in your Facebook posts.